Follow Bathelen Nails on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Geek Nail Art

So I've always been a bit of a geek, so it's inevitable that I'm a massive fan of geeky nail art! 

I've not had too many experiments with the idea yet but I thought I would share with you what I have tried so far. So far I've played around with Harry Potter, Star Trek and Nightmare before Christmas and I've surprised myself with the results :) 




I have twice played around with Harry Potter nail art, once with each nail representing a different Hogwarts House, and again with a more subtle attempt. 



Showing my lack of skill with my left hand by not even attempting the more complicated design! For the Crest I painted a plain Gold background, drew the outline with a striper brush and then filled in each section with a small brush.


My silver at the time was rather thin and required a few coats, which is why the silver lines are thicker!!





This was my more subtle nail art, with just the deathly hallows outline. Bit more day-to-day office wear than the rainbow colours of the first attempt! 

In October I went to Destination Star Trek London with my other half, and as I flatly refused to dress up I compromised by showing my geeky colours on my nails with mini Next Generation uniforms complete with communicator badges and a black galaxy on my pinkie and thumb done with coloured glitter.


Lastly, my other half is also a big Tim Burton fan so on his birthday I did these Jack Skellington Nightmare Before Christmas nails which I was so chuffed with! My index finger I smudged first time around and painted over it which explains the discolouration in the pic.


So have any of you experimented with geeky nail art?I'd love to hear your ideas and see your own attempts! I might even be persuaded to try a few of your ideas if you wanted to see how it would look but didn't want to try it yourself! 

Bx



1 comment:

  1. Love love love love!! Harry Potter and nail art combined - there is no better thing. These are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...