Follow Bathelen Nails on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Zoya Destiny

As you may have heard I have a major love for textured polish, with my favourite being Dahlia Pixie Dust by Zoya or the Tiffany Case Liquid Sand, both of which have had raving reviews on this blog! So I invested in another Pixie Dust this time from Zoya's summer collection, and it just wasn't the same. Maybe it was the colour I didn't take to, or maybe I applied it too thickly but it just didn't have the understated beauty of Dahlia and it didn't last nearly as long.

Destiny, as I said, is one of six brightly coloured Pixie Dusts from Zoya's summer collection.  It is a lovely coral red with gold shimmer and reminded me of OPI's Jinx, so I bought this instead of the Liquid Sand. It is a nice colour, but maybe it just didn't suit me, as I'm not totally blown away by this. 

Application was again jelly based with gritty particles, but maybe I applied it took thickly as it just stayed squishy, it didn't dry. Even two hours later I managed to take off half my thumb in one gentle swoosh, so I was very unimpressed. Also the next day it chipped off (maybe because I was out in the rain all day so nails were inside wet gloves for a few hours, which may have softened it) but I found that I wasn't bothered by the chipping as was more than happy to have an excuse to remove it! I also didn't think that it had dried as smooth (weird choice of word for a texture polish I know!) as Dahlia did, it was uneven and lumpy instead of having the fine grainy finish.

So to sum up - my love for Pixie Dust is starting to fade. I will try this again and will always have a place in my heart for Dahlia but this just didn't live up to what I admit were high expectations! 




4 comments:

  1. Such a shame because I was thinking how amazing it looks! no use if it doesn't dry though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was gutted! Like I said though, I will try again and hopefully it will will turn out to be Blogger error, but I was just so unimpressed that it might take a while before I have forgiven it enough to try again! :P Bxx

      Delete
  2. Love the shade. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours on GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow - following you right back!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...