Follow Bathelen Nails on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 10 October 2013

Nail Art based on my LGD (Little Green Dress)

Today I want to show off some nail art I did to match a dress I had bought to wear to my friend's engagement party. First - the dress. It's a gorgeous little green number COVERED in spangles, sequins and beads which I found in the sale in Topshop for only £15! I am not usually one to wear this sort of thing but I had lost a bit of weight when I bought it and thought it was fabulous - it took a bit of confidence to wear it but what a boost once I had it on - I had so many compliments! So I wanted my nails to match this shiny wonder.

The green of the dress almost perfectly matches one of my favourite polishes - Orly Coachella Dweller which I first showcased on the blog back in April. Unfortunately the websites I used to bag my Orly from have all upped their prices so I am now Orly-less, which is such a shame as after trying this polish they were fast becoming one of my favourite brands. 

To try and recreate the dress I decide I didn't to cover two nails with a coat of Orly Halo which is always a good match with this green, and on my thumb I attempted to copy some of the design with some studs a colleague found in Poundland and gave to me because everyone knows about my obsession with nails! (so thoughtful!) Having never worked with these before, I've only ever used studs a few times and even then only a couple to jazz it up, I did find this VERY tricky! But I think it was effective. I didn't want to overdo it and clash with the dress so I thought studs on one finger would be enough :) I did have rather stubby nails at the time as they are not back to full strength yet so I like to think it would look even better with my usual longer nails! 

Below I've included pics of the dress as well as one of me wearing it and being drunk ... laugh away! 
Bx









What a mare. 


4 comments:

  1. Very nice dress and manicure!!
    Judy
    http://juditnailpolishblog.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you :) I was quite pleased with both Bx

      Delete
  2. I really love the idea of matching your nails to the clothes you wear (frankly speaking I always try to make a nice combo of my nails and the clothes I'm wearing) so I really adore this design! and your dress is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad it's not just me! Also I find it a great way to continue finding new nail art inspiration.
      Thanks =D glad you liked it!
      Bx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...